A work experience offered by a company for a period of time is called an internship. Many organizations offer internships for engineering students in India every year. The organizations provide a wide range of placements after the completion of internships. The main reason behind these internships is to provide an opportunity for students to be experts in a particular field. Students get a chance to expand their skills and acquire real-time knowledge & experience.
There are different types of internships for engineering students in India. Some of the engineering internships in India are paid and some are unpaid. Some companies offer internships with stipends. There may be full-time internships or part-time as well. The duration of the internships for engineering students in India depends on the company. Usually, the duration is between 1 to 6 months.
The companies are benefited from these internships by recruiting the best performers for each internship. In addition, there are some government internships for engineering students, virtual internships, and international internships for engineering students also offered. If you are interested in any internship, you must look at the company profile through their website. Also, do an inquiry via phone or personally. Then decide where to apply.
Let’s discuss the following topics now:
- chemical engineering internships in India
- electrical engineering internships in India
- mechanical engineering internships in India
- civil engineering internships in India
- petroleum engineering internships in India
- biomedical engineering internships in India
- government internships for engineering students 2021 – 2022
- international internships for engineering students
- best internships for engineering students
What are the Top 10 Best Internships for Engineering Students?
There are a lot of world-class corporate companies that offer the best internships for engineering students. They offer a handsome package for the interns during the internship. They also regularize the interns and increase the salary based on their performance in the internship. Here is a list of the top 10 companies that offer the best internships for engineering students in India.
- Google Inc.
- Apple Inc.
- Facebook Inc.
- International Business Machines Corporation (IBM)
- Microsoft Corporation
- Amazon.com Inc.
- Space X Aerospace Company
- JPMorgan Chase
The Best Companies for Chemical Engineering Internships in India
When you go for a chemical engineering internship you must know the scope of your career in that company. It is recommended to choose the design sector, unit operations, or batch process plant. Also, the plant should be in a continuous process. Here is a list of firms that offer the best chemical engineering internships in India.
- GAIL (Gas Authority of India Limited)
- IOCL (Indian Oil Corporation Limited)
- IFFCO (Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Limited)
- ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation
- HPCL (Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited)
- BPCL (Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited)
- P & G (Procter and Gamble Corporation)
- RIL (Reliance Industries Limited)
- Tata Steel Limited
- ITC Limited
Electrical Engineering Internships in India for Freshers
The electrical engineering branch is based on electrical circuits, electromagnetics, signal processing, electrical machines, control systems, telecommunication, and electronics, etc. So, they mainly prefer the same sectors to do the electrical engineering internships in India.
However, there are so many software firms that offer internships and jobs for electrical engineering students. Interested candidates may apply for those internship programs. Here is a list of top companies that provide electrical engineering internships in India.
- Cisco Systems – Networking Hardware company
- Sony Corporation – Multinational conglomerate company
- Honeywell – Multinational conglomerate company
- HCL Technologies – Information Technology Company
- TATA Group
- Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd. – Telecommunications equipment company
- NTPC – National Thermal Power Corporation
- Amdocs – Software Company
- BHEL – Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited
- Ericsson – Telecommunications Company
- Morgan Stanley – Invest Banking Company
- Polaris Inc. – Manufacturing Company
- General Electric Company
- Qualcomm – Semiconductor Company
- Maruti Suzuki – Automobile Manufacturer
Mechanical Engineering Internships in India
Mechanical engineering students have good chances for internships in many organizations. Most of the organizations are from the automobile industry. The following organizations offer mechanical engineering internships in India.
- Hero MotoCorp
- Honda Motor Company
- Maruti Suzuki Automobile Manufacturer
- TATA Motors
- TATA Steel
- JSW Steel Ltd.
- Hyundai Motor Company
- Eicher Tractor Company
- Steel Authority of India
- Vizag Steel Plant
- General Electric
Companies that offer Chemical Engineering Internships in India
There are a lot of companies that offer chemical engineering internships in India. Fertilizer companies, steel companies, petrochemical industries, paper companies, and cement factories offer internship programs. These companies release notifications for internships every year. Interested candidates may go through their official websites to apply. Let’s see the list of industries that offer chemical engineering internships in India for chemical engineering students.
Civil Engineering Internships in India
Many organizations provide internships for engineering students in India in different fields. They help you to learn and expand your skills. The civil engineering students who look for work experience in corporate companies may opt for internships in these organizations. There is an opportunity to turn into full-time employment. Here is the list of organizations that offer civil engineering internships in India.
- DLF India
- TATA Steel Limited
- TATA CMC Limited
- Hindustan Construction Engineering Company (HCC)
- L & T Construction Company
- Jaypee Group – Conglomerate Company
- CSIR-NEERI (National Environmental Engineering Research Institute)
- Patel Engineering Ltd.
- CBRE South Asia Pvt Ltd.
- India Cements Manufacturing Company
- Metro Rail Corporations
- Ambuja Cements Limited
Biomedical Engineering Internships in India
As technology and health are reorganizing together, biomedical engineering has a flourishing career. Biomedical is a highly challenging healthcare industry. To become a skilled problem solver in this field you must opt for an internship after your engineering graduation. The following firms offer biomedical engineering internships in India.
- AINU – Asian Institute of Nephrology and Urology – Hyderabad, Telangana.
- NIRT – National Institute for Research in Tuberculosis – Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- Matrix Healthcare – Delhi
- TriMed Solutions (India) Pvt. Ltd – Hyderabad, Telangana
- Allwin Lifecare – Mumbai, Maharashtra.
Petroleum Engineering Internships in India
Petroleum engineering is one of the difficult branches to study as it depends on physics and maths. It is also one of the highest-paying jobs. Here is the list of petroleum companies that provide petroleum engineering internships in India.
- Indian Oil Corporation Limited
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited
- SHELL Oil and Gas Company
- Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation Ltd.
- Jindal Steel and Power Limited
- OilMax Energy Pvt. Ltd.
- Eastern Petroleum Pvt. Ltd.
- Essar Oil Limited
Government Internships for Engineering Students 2021 – 2022
Government internships for engineering students 2021 – 2022 are offered by various government segments. These are more valuable internships than others. Following departments offer government internships for engineering students 2021 – 2022.
- Department of Telecom
- Technology Information Forecasting and Assessment Council (TIFAC)
- Telecom Regulatory Authority of India
- Reserve Bank of India
- Ministry of Corporate Affairs
- Centre for Development of Telematics
- Ministry of Women and Child Development
International Internships for Engineering Students
Since engineering is an extremely competitive career field, international internships for engineering students are offered in all developed countries. Engineering has become a global business these days. So, the internships are available globally.
Most of the companies offer paid internships with accommodation and food. World top universities, organizations, and government departments offer international internships for engineering students. They have more weightage than internships for engineering students in India.
Engineering students have the option to do an internship program. Many universities and top engineering colleges made internships mandatory. So, you have to complete at least one internship during your engineering. Otherwise, you will face problems with campus recruitment. Generally, the internship has to be done in the final year of engineering.