What is ECE? and the scope of electronics and communication engineering? ECE stands for Electronics and Communication Engineering. It is a form of electronic devices, equipment, and circuits. ECE is the most sophisticated and one of the best engineering branches these days. Electronics plays a major role in the productivity of almost all industries including agriculture sectors. Electronics are used everywhere and there is a huge market worldwide. So, there is a good job scope of electronics and communication engineering.
Is Electronics and Communication Engineering in Demand?
Of course, electronics and communication engineering is in demand. Nowadays, the entire world runs on electronics & communications. So, there will be a demand for talent and a huge scope of electronics and communication engineering.
The Scope of Electronics and Communication Engineering in India
In India, the electronics manufacturing era has started as the technology is growing rapidly. There is a huge scope of electronics and communication engineering in the near future. ECE is the backbone of the present communication system. Students, who choose professional programs like ECE always have a question, “What will I become after BTech graduation?” The answer depends on the program you have chosen. More importantly, you should be a transformed person during your graduation. There is huge competition in the corporate world. Employers look for outstanding and multi-talented personalities to work with them. So, one should be specialized in a category to be placed in a world-class organization.
What is the Job Scope of Electronics and Communication Engineering?
The job scope of electronics and communication engineering is high in India and abroad. But, on the other hand, you should have enough skill set. If you have enough skills, companies are waiting to hire you and pay you the handsome salary that you are expecting. So, skilled candidates are always in demand regardless of the branch they have studied. The job scope of electronics and communication engineering is a little high compared to some other engineering branches.
Is there any scope of electronics and communication engineering in government sector?
The scope of electronics and communication engineering in government sector is adequate. ECE has good job opportunities and scope of getting jobs in Government sectors. The Government conducts some examinations for recruitment for ECE candidates. The government recruitment exams such as SSC Junior Engineer Exam, Engineering Services Exam, RRB Junior Engineer are a few to mention. There is huge competition as the vacancies are limited.
Some of the organizations that have the scope of electronics and communication engineering in government sector are mentioned below.
- HPCL – Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited
- NTPC – National Thermal Power Corporation Limited
- BSNL – Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited
- ECIL – Electronics Corporation of India Limited
- AAI – Airports Authority of India
- BEL India – Bharat Electronics Limited
- BARC – Broadcast Audience Research Council
- ISRO – Indian Space Research Organisation
- DRDO – Defence Research and Development Organisation
- DRDL – Defence Research & Development Laboratory
- BHEL – Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited
- BPCL – Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited
- RITES – Rail India Technical and Economic Service Limited
- BBNL – Bharat Broadband Network Limited
- DMRC – Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Limited
- NLC – Neyveli Lignite Corporation Limited
- NALCO – National Aluminium Company Limited
- NHPC – National Hydroelectric Power Corporation
- IOCL – Indian Oil Corporation Ltd
- ONGC – Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited
- PSU’s – Public Sector Undertaking (the State or Central Government-owned corporations)
The organizations mentioned above are the important government sectors that have the scope of electronics and communication engineering.
Scope of Electronics and Communication Engineering in Defence
Yes, there is a scope of electronics and communication engineering in defence as well. You can apply for jobs in the defence sector in India through the CDS exam (Combined Defence Services Examination). It is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission. The CDS exam is conducted to recruit commissioned officers in Indian Naval Academy, Indian Air Force Academy, and the Indian Military Academy. Therefore, there is a good scope of electronics and communication engineering in defence.
List of private companies that have the scope of electronics and communication engineering in India
Here is a list of some private companies that provides employment and scope of electronics and communication engineering in India:
- Wipro – Information technology, consulting & networking company
- Tata Tele Business Services Limited
- CG Power and Industrial Solutions Limited
- Cisco Systems – Networking hardware company
- Sterlite Technologies Limited
- Samsung Analog and Digital Communications
- Philips Electronics India
- Intel Corporation – Semiconductor company
- The Kirloskar Electric Company Limited
- LG Electronics – Analog & Digital Electronics)
- Havells India Ltd
- Vodafone Telecommunications & Networking Company
- Bajaj Electronics
- Honeywell Automation India Limited
- Bosch Engineering Company (India)
Similarly, there is a huge career scope for computer science and engineering in the private and public sectors in India.
What is the Scope of Electronics and Communication Engineering in Abroad?
Yes, electronic devices and telecommunication services are widely used globally. The electronics and communication industries are also establishing worldwide. Hence, there is a good scope of electronics and communication engineering in abroad.
Is there any scope of electronics and communication engineering in ISRO?
Yes, there is a scope of electronics and communication engineering in ISRO. There are different job roles available for ECE engineers. Some of the available job roles are based on Control Systems, Communication Systems, Electron Devices, Networking Theory, Digital Electronic Circuits, Signaling Systems, etc.
Scope of Electronics and Communication Engineering in Future
The ECE is more about research, design, development, and testing. The major roles of electronics and communication engineers are networking, broadcasting, and transmission. There are different kinds of professions available for ECE engineers. Let’s see some reasons why there is a good scope of electronics and communication engineering in future
ECE is an emerging technology and the world has become smaller because of it.
ECE encompasses so many specializations, such as digital electronics, analog electronics, consumer electronics, and more.
The scope of electronics and communication engineering is multidimensional. You have the option to get jobs in both the hardware and software fields.
The following areas have the scope of electronics and communication engineering in future.
- Computer Networking and System Security
- Digital signal processing applications
- Digital and Analog VLSI Design
- PCB Designing
- Wireless Networks in Telecommunications
- Embedded Systems
As we know, the backbone of digital technology is electronics. Thus, the students like you choose ECE as their career is on the right path of your journey. Because ECE has the most successful growth. The communication industries already spread across the globe. They also require a huge number of engineers, especially from ECE.
The scope of electronics and communication engineering is more in the manufacturing industries of consumer goods and gadgets. The popular demand goods such as computers & laptops, tablet PC, smartphone, smartwatch, smart refrigerator, televisions with different technologies, etc. The demand for these consumer devices is increasing day by day. Hence, the scope of electronics and communication engineering is also increasing. So, choose the top engineering college, specialize in any one of the skills, and have a bright future. All the best.
You may also like:
|Highest Paid Engineering Jobs in India||Top 10 Engineering Entrance Exams in India|
|Top Private Engineering Colleges in India||Scope of Computer Science Engineering in India|
|IIT JEE Preparation Tips by Toppers||Mechanical Engineering Career in India|